Readers,

What a weekend on the PGA Tour!

In a magnificent display of golf, Cleveland Golf staffer and PGA Tour rookie Ted Potter Jr. won The Greenbrier Classic in West Virginia for his first career victory! Potter, who bested fellow Cleveland Golf staffer Troy Kelly with a birdie on the third hole of a sudden-death playoff, finished regulation with an eagle on 17 and a birdie on 18 to force extra holes.

Potter was firing on all cylinders, posting scores of 69-67-64-64 to finish at 16-under par. The 28-year-old native of Ocala, Fla., led the field in putting and tied for third in fairways hit (80.4 percent) while averaging over 304 yards off the tee with his Cleveland Classic Tour Driver. He managed only four bogeys and was perfect in sand saves thanks to his Cleveland 588 Forged Wedges.

Potter has a true journeyman story, having catapulted up the ranks in the last 15 months.  At the start of 2011 Potter only had status on the NGA Tour (formerly the Hooters Tour) and had to Monday Qualify for a Web.com Tour event that he would eventually go on to win.  He paired that win with one other, and secured a high enough status on the Web.com Tour to make the jump to the PGA Tour this year.  Not only did this win net the left-hander a check for $1,098,000 and a two-year PGA Tour exemption, it vaulted him from 167th to 42nd on the money list.

Kelly also had many highlights this week, among them a third-round 62 to tie for low score of the week honors along with Cleveland Golf staffer Charlie Beljan. The 33-year-old Kelly finished the week 11th in driving distance, averaging 314.9 yards off the tee with his Cleveland Classic 290 Driver.

One of Sunday’s most incredible moments was when Beljan holed a 58-foot flop shot for birdie on the 13h hole, providing a dramatic spinning fist pump en route to his T3 finish!

So as you can tell, it was a huge weekend for these fantastic tour professionals and all of us at Cleveland Golf!

Tell us your biggest highlight of the week!

In The Bag This Week

Driver: Classic Driver, Miyazaki C. Kua 59X

Irons: 588 Forged CB Irons, 3-PW

Wedges: 588 Forged, 52, 56 and 60 degrees

Ball: Srixon Z-STAR 3 Prototype

Categories: PGA, THE LATEST, TOUR

1. Fred White says:

Love to see a ball other than Titleist

2. Christopher F. Dzierwa says:

Yes sir! Your irons and wedges are top notch. Big reason I got my CG7 Black Pearl irons, was not only the performance of the club, but the nice price and bonus for purchasing, plus the fact that Vijay Singh played the tour model of my chosen iron. Now as Srixon goes, I love the Soft Feel the best. It performs better for me then the pro V! or the pro Srixon ball. I do not know why, I am not a hacker, although I currently sport a 13.3 GHIN, I have medical problems which have severely compromised my golfing ability. I am very inconsistent at times, and can’t ever play stroke play, but I am still a hellion at match play. 44 seasons, the season I don’t break 80 at least once, I shall quit the game. This is my equivalent of keeping my card. LOL. Keep up the good work! I still believe that Titleist makes better fairway metals and drivers, and you can’t beat their hybrids either. Scotty Cameron putters are the best too. But keep plugging and maybe someday you will surpass Titleist.

3. john kennedy says:

I have the tour classic 290 with the 43 gram stiff 7.5 Im killing it need to work on my wedge game cause Im hitting more Handicap 4.3

4. tmasports says:

It looked like Troy Kelly was using CG7 Tour black pearl irons, not CG7 Gold.

5. Pat says:

I’m a southpaw play the classic 290, 588 CB irons, Srixon Z Star tour yellow. Fun to hit.

6. Yazid says:

Poorly fit clubs can make the ball go too high, too low, to the right or to the left, and/or make you more generally iscensintont. Is it worth saving $100 to be less accurate and less consistent? It’s not to me. I don’t know about where you live, but here you’re only going to get 2 rounds of golf for $100, and in most places you’ll still probably only get 3 rounds or so. So if you skip two or three rounds, the extra cost is covered. And don’t listen to these idiots saying you don’t need fitted if you’re of average height. Two players that are the EXACT same height will often need differently fitted clubs. Different players have different sized hands, different swing speeds, and different setups. So is fitting clubs necessary? Not if you always want to shoot worse than your potential, be perpetually more iscensintont than you should be, and hinder your growth as a player for as long as you own the clubs. And that’s not just regarding top players. Bad players benefit from fitted clubs MORE than top pros. Here’s a cheaper way to get fitted if you want to save some money. Go to a store that sells Ping clubs, and go through their fitting process. It’s free and fairly quick. Get your stats printed out, tell them you’ll be back some other time to buy the clubs, then find a used set (of Pings obviously) with the same or similar setup.

7. Top Golf Pro Tips says:

I have been surfing online more than 3 hours lately, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty value sufficient for me. Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made just right content material as you probably did, the web will likely be a lot more helpful than ever before.