Keegan Bradley is your new PGA Champion, ladies and gentlemen!  In his first career major, Bradley took home the Wanamaker Trophy, providing two straight hours of edge-of-seat drama along the way.

“It seems like a dream. I am afraid I am going to wake up here in the next five minutes and it’s not going to be real.” said Bradley in the Press Room after accepting the Wanamaker Trophy.

Keegan’s hard work over the years has paid off.  Just two years ago Keegan was on the Hooters Tour just “trying to survive”, living in a one bedroom apartment.  Last year he made a name for himself on the Nationwide Tour, finish 14th on the money list and earning status on the PGA Tour.  His first career PGA Tour win came earlier this year at the HP Byron Nelson Classic, also in a playoff and has recorded four other Top 10s.

With this win, the Bradley name is added to the uber-short list of Francis Ouimet and Ben Curtis. Those are the three golfers since 1913 to win a major in their first attempt. Keegan Bradley locked up his 2nd win of the year on Sunday in absolutely ridiculous fashion coming down the stretch. At one point, with three holes to play, Bradley was 5 shots back of the lead and the metaphorical fat lady had all but taken the stage for her big solo. A triple bogey on the Par 3, 15th hole left Bradley seemingly out of the Championship, leaving viewers thinking he had a nice week but it wasn’t meant to be. However, back-to-back birdies (including one jaw dropping putt on 17) and a steady par on 18 were enough to force a playoff.

Once the playoff began, Keegan wasted no time extending the momentum he had going from the previous three holes. He started off with a birdie, hitting his approach shot on 16 to four feet with one of the more beautiful 8 Iron shots you will see in a major championship. He followed that up with two “run of the mill” pars on 17 and 18 before hoisting his nephew into the air and being surrounded by family members.

So, congratulations Keegan Bradley! You have just joined an elite club! Not only is Keegan now a major champion, he has just vaulted to the top of the Rookie of the Year conversation, as well as making an exceptionally strong case for Player of the Year honors.  With this win, Keegan moves to 4th in FedEx Cup points (fellow Cleveland Golf Staffer, David Toms moved to 8th in the FedEx Cup race with an impressive 4th place finish in Atlanta this week as well!) and 29th in the OGWR!  Do you think Keegan is a legitimate Player of the Year contender?

Here are the tools Keegan used to win the PGA Championship:

DRIVER: Cleveland Launcher UltraLite TL 310 (10.5°) with a Miyazaki Kusala 61 shaft
FAIRWAY WOOD: Cleveland Launcher FL (14°) with a Miyazaki Kusala 83 shaft
HYBRIDS: Cleveland Launcher DST (18°) with a Project X XHB6 shaft; Mashie TM3 (20.5°) with a Miyazaki C Kua 105 shaft
IRONS: Cleveland CG7 Tour (4-PW) with True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue shafts
WEDGES: Cleveland CG14 (52°, 58°) with True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue shafts
BALL: Srixon Z-Star

1. Chris Eikenberg says:

What a great win for Keegan and CG! Nerves of steel and a never give up attitude will get you a long way. And the best equipment in the business helps too! Well done.

2. David Bahr says:

Congrats Keegan. Augusta was built for your game. Good luck.

3. chad roy says:

congrats Keegan. Way to go!!!!!

4. David Abbott says:

Well done Keegan! Awesome win. I think you have quite a few more Majors in you. I got my new Cleveland Clubs only 2 weeks ago, and I was thrilled to see a Cleveland player make such an awesome run. It really did remind everyone you should always keep your head down in this game. Keegan, I found your display to be of a true champion and a great family man thew way you lifted your nephew up. Way to go mate!

5. Bob says:

Congrats Cleveland Golf….I hope you have the in and out truck come in and celebrate this huge accomplishment by all your employees!!! A great mix of brand new woods and last years models of CG7 tour irons…great irons!!! and CG 14′s if you like the look stay with it….!

6. Murray Fisher says:

Congratulations Keegan on a great win. I recently purchased CG16 graphite shafted irons and woods. Our club pro selected 2 degree flat irons with A shafts as the best fit. (I am 69 years old) On the first outing with them in club competition, I broke my handicap by 8 strokes. These are really great clubs.

7. dave says:

I would like to no what kind belley putter keegan is using.

8. Vic Peek says:

ConGrats Keegan- you provided me with several hours of enjoyment. I did DVR the last round so I can go back and look at it againand again and again.

ConGrats to Cleveland Golf – I still play with my TA-7s and they are still the best irons I have ever played. Keep upthe good work.

9. richardwilson says:

great job keegan glad to see the young taking over,dont make the same mistakes as tiger,when big money comes into ones life get some financial help.

10. Chris Dzierwa says:

Don’t go celebrating like Tom Creavy now. He was the youngest PGA Champion ever, but got syphalis and his career was derailed. I suggest you avoid premarital sex and wait for the right girl. Marry someone who knows how to cook and loves children.

11. robert galardo says:

Hi

golf at is best whit Bradley.

Please tell me what mean the numbers 61,83 and 105 for myazaki kusala shaft.

Robert Galardo

12. hamish says:

Keegan. well done. look to the sky and thank you.It was you well and the lord that did it and a relly big help from Mr Cleveland. I wish i had your swing, and clubs… stay true to your self and win some more… your,s a fan.

13. Larry B says:

I saw in the second round that this kid was going to be right there on Sunday, he is such a breath of fresh air to the tour

14. allen theater cleveland says:

I’m no longer positive where you are getting your information, but great topic. I needs to spend a while finding out much more or working out more. Thank you for wonderful information I used to be in search of this info for my mission.

15. Fencing Supplies Queensland says:

Amazing things here. I’m very happy to see your post. Thank you a lot and I’m having a look ahead to contact you. Will you please drop me a mail?

16. North Sydney Computer Repair says:

I do trust all of the ideas you have presented for your post. They’re very convincing and can definitely work. Nonetheless, the posts are too quick for newbies. May just you please prolong them a bit from subsequent time? Thank you for the post.

17. reserve hotel says:

Woah this blog is great i like reading your posts. Stay up the great paintings! You know, lots of persons are hunting round for this information, you could aid them greatly.