Hi Readers. I wanted to talk to you briefly about Professional Golf’s most grueling process–PGA Tour Qualifying School. Cleveland Golf/Srixon will have a large number of Developmental Staffers that will begin the grind in just a couple weeks in hopes of reaching their ultimate goal…The PGA Tour. The tough part about QSchool is that your year kind of comes down to three tournaments (1st, 2nd, 3rd stage). Regardless of how much you won or lost on various developmental tours or in college throughout the year, you start QSchool at exactly the same spot (When I say same spot I am definitely not referring to where a player may be mentally based on his good or bad play through the year–that is a different matter all together). It goes without saying that successfully navigating through isn’t easy. We will be updating this Post over the next couple months as we follow our staffers as they advance from stage to stage. Here is QSchool by the numbers:
First Stage — begins October 19th.
- 13 sites
- approximately 78 players at each site (over 1000 players)
- 72 holes
- 450 plus ties will advance
- 5 sites
- approximately 78 players at each site (around 450 players)
- 72 holes
- 156 players plus ties will advance
- played at Orange County National Golf Club, Winter Garden, FL
- 108 holes (6 Rounds)
- Top 25 and ties will get their PGA Tour Card
- all players 26 and below will get some sort of status on the PGA Nationwide Tour
Check back here for updates on how our Staffers are progressing!
You can get more information on PGA Tour Qualifying School at http://www.pgatour.com/qschool/