Hello readers, my name is Frank and I was recently hired by Cleveland Golf/Srixon to work as a Tech Rep. What that means is that I will be traveling the country fitting golfers for our products and building them on site! Does it get any better than that? First, here is a little background on myself.  It all started 10 years ago when I got my first job as a caddy. I didn’t know a thing about golf when I started and now I am working in the industry. I recently graduated from Marquette University and am very excited to start this next chapter of my life with this great company.

Along with working on the Tech Van, I have been asked to write a blog about my experiences along the way. I will be writing about anything and everything that goes on during my journey around the country.  Feel free to leave comments and mention anything you would like me to talk about or touch on.

Let’s start by getting everyone caught up with what I have been doing the past couple weeks.  My first day was Monday, September 13th and we got the ball rolling quickly.  I first met Jesus, our head builder, in Customer Repairs to learn how to build golf clubs the right way. Jesus is a great guy and has been building clubs for about 30 years.  On Wednesday, the Tech Van I was assigned to came in and I met up with my partner in crime on this journey, Simon.  Since then I have been getting used to building clubs on the van; which in many ways it is different than building inside the factory, due to the limited space inside the van.  This past Wednesday Simon and I went over to our Consumer Testing Center to check out how some of our new equipment performs.  We came on a day when golfers were testing our new wedge, which is coming out next year.  Players of all handicap levels hit shots with our wedge and then we get an average of 5 quality shots for our results. A trackman is used to measure the results of the shots. We are very pleased on the numbers we are getting from the tests.  On Saturday I drove down with another Tech Van to Golf Mart in Del Mar at the Surf-N-Turf driving range for a Tech-Van Demo Day.  This was one of the most unique driving ranges I have seen. You hit off grass but you’re hitting balls into a massive dirt field to big trampoline looking targets. But the most unique aspect of the range was the view.  This range had one of the best views I have ever seen!  It was a mini mountain range in the backdrop with some houses on them.

This week I have been spending my time back with Jesus in Customer Repairs gaining more experience building clubs.  Be sure to keep checking in for my next post as I will be heading out to Texas this friday!

Also…did everyone else just see Roy Halladay’s no hitter against the Reds?!

Categories: TECHVAN

1. Kevin Napier says:

Frank-

Welcome to Cleveland Golf / Srixon! Looks as if you are gettiing all the training you need in the factory. Tech van 4 (or Abigail as we call her) will take great care of you as long as you k treat her with respect, haha. And remember, Simon is always right. :) Glad to have you on board and again welcome to CG and the tech vans!!!

Kevin N

2. Evan says:

Frank,

Your new job sounds awesome and so much fun. I am hoping to intern with Cleveland next summer it is a great company

Evan

3. David says:

I have a set of VAS 792 Irons, I love these clubs, I really do hope that one day I can be professionally fitted.

4. Michael Mang says:

I have had a set of Taylor-Made Rac LT Irons fitted for me. And I have Vokey wedges. I play this set pretty good. What set of Cleveland Irons and wedges would you recommend If I
    was to switch. My handicap is around 13. A Iron set that is more forgiving than the Rac Lt’s
    and the wedges could be any ones better or close to the same. Thank You and good luck on your adventure.

Michael

5. Mike says:

Oh here we go. I can’t wait until I see a video of Frank on the driving range impressing all the spectators. Good work Frank.

6. Frank says:

David- You CAN be professionally fit a couple different ways from us. Check out our many Tech-Van Day locations under the “Fitting and Events” tab on our homepage. You can also sign up to come into our Fitting Studio which is in house at our Headquarters in California and be fit that way as well.

Michael- If you want a set that is more forgiving we would recommend our CG 7 Black Pearl iron. It has an oversized offset head for more forgiveness and distance. As for a wedge we have the CG 15. The wedge is classically shaped and features our ZIp Groove technology which gives us 25% larger grooves for more spin and consistency along with optimized face texture. For more information look under the “Clubs” tab on our website.

Thanks

7. Barry Hart says:

I would like to get fitted out with the right clubs and shaft. I will be in the Pittsburgh area from 22 Dec to 3rd Jan.
    Thanks, Barry

8. Parcours golf Agadir Maroc says:

Woah this weblog is great i really like studying your posts. Keep up the great paintings! You understand, many individuals are looking around for this information, you can aid them greatly.